What are the requirements to welcoming a Granny au pair in Switzerland?
Does she need a visa? How does it work?
Swap Nature and link
The Grannies Au Pair do not enter in a working relationship or work regulation. The primary purpose of these exchanges is touristic, it relates to travelling and exploring different cultures. It is up to the host family and the granny au pair to organize all the different terms in a free way. Pocket money must be paid to the Granny au pair, you can check the amounts used in a classic au pair exchange here or visit the section "Granny au pair Compensation in Switzerland"
Your Granny Au Pair visa application
For her visa application, your Granny Au Pair makes the process. Here are the procedures she will follow.
European citizens and EFTA
- A visa is not required to travel in Switzerland. An identity card or a valid passport is good enough.
- For a stay of more than 3 months , your Granny au pair must ask her registration to the cantonal authority of your residence place in the three months following her arrival in Switzerland.
Non-EU citizensNationals of third countries should:
- Submit an application for entry into Switzerland at the Swiss representation abroad
- have sufficient resources to ensure their financial independence and not have to rely on social benefits
- Have health insurance that also covers the costs of accidents.
More information : https://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/home/themen/einreise/merkblatt_einreise.html and : http://www.justlanded.com/english/Switzerland
Accommodation certificate and invitation letter
Depending on your Granny au pair nationality and the duration of the stay, the immigration can ask her to provide a proof of accommodation and / or an invitation letter. You can find sample letters below.
If necessary, you simply need to complete and sign the document before returning it to your Granny au pair.
Invitation letter sample
Accommodation certificate sample
* Identical sample in every language