How do I become a Granny au pair in Mexico?

Do I need a visa? How does it work?


Swap Nature and link

The Grannies Au Pair do not enter in a working relationship or work regulation. The primary purpose of these exchanges is touristic, it relates to travelling and exploring different cultures. It is up to the host family and the granny au pair to organize all the different terms in a free way. Pocket money must be paid to the Granny au pair, you can check the amounts used in a classic au pair exchange here or visit the section "Granny au pair compensation in Mexico"

Visa application

ressortissant_europeen.jpg European citizens   

- A visa is not required to travel in USA less than 3 months. An identity card or a valid passport is good enough.

- On arrival, you will fill an immigration document (FMT or tourist card) this document will be stamped. The Immigration will ask you this paper again when you leave the country. Keep this paper carefully.

Hors_ue.jpg Non-EU citizens

Some countries do not need a visa for stays less than 3 months:  

Andorra, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, South Korea, Costa Rica, Chile, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, USA, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Martinique, Monaco, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Uruguay, Venezuela.

The other countries who need a visa :   

They must apply for an "Non-Immigrant Visa  (FMT & FM3)"

Accommodation certificate and invitation letter

Depending on your nationality and the duration of your stay, the immigration can ask you to provide a proof of accommodation and / or an invitation letter. You can find sample letters below.
If necessary, ask your host family to complete and return to you the documents you need.

Invitation letter sample




Accommodation certificate sample




* Identical sample in every language