Before leaving as a Granny au pair in Italy.
What will the weather be like? Do I need to take health precautions before my departure? What is the currency?
What will the weather be like in Italy?
The climate in Italy is generally Mediterranean, with a continental influence in the North.
Language and currency
They talk Italian and Euro is the currency.
International code : 39
- No vaccination is compulsory for entering.
- In case of hospitalization or illness, the traveler must be able to pay his medical expenses. Before their departure, travelers are advised, to obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). It allows you to certify your health insurance rights and receive medical and social care, according to the laws and formalities in the host country. More information: http://www.ameli.fr/assures/droits-et-demarches/a-l-etranger/vous-partez-en-vacances-a-l-etranger/vous-partez-en-vacances-en-europe.php
- If you have a medical treatment, think about taking the quantity necessary.
- No vaccination is compulsory for entering, except for yellow fever for travelers coming from infected countries.
- In case of hospitalization or illness, the traveler must be able to pay his medical expenses. It is recommended to take an insurance covering medical care, hospitalization, ambulance and medical repatriation and accidents.
Precautions to take:
Your exchange must be prepared to avoid disappointment at your arrival in the family. You need to be in contact with your host family as much as possible before departure. Email, phone, skype. Take the time to know each other.
We remind you that you have to adapt yourself to the family, in fact you are traveling to discover new cultures. You are not commissioned to "restore order", review the organization or change the family way of life.
Also think about specifing your habits: do you smoke? are you vegetarian? ect ...